My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark, Delaware, United States

My name is David P. Bellamy. The only significant thing not mentioned elsewhere here is, I think, that I almost always prefer to read a book instead of watching a movie.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mathematical discovery

A few days ago, I submitted an abstract for an invited talk at a conference this summer. Then, within twenty four hours, I learned something that made the title I had submitted seem completely misleading. The deadline to submit a revised abstract has passed, so the title stands. I suppose my talk will be a surprise to the audience.

2 Comments:

Blogger I AM ANOTHER said...

Hi David, Care to share the title and why it's misleading? If I have to be a Math geek to get it, I probably won't though. Adrienne

11:43 AM  
Blogger Pagan Topologist said...

Adrienne, you can look at the abstract at:

http://atlas-conferences.com/c/a/t/v/20.htm

But, it wouldn't be enough to be a math geek to understand it. You would have to be conversant with continuum theory, the particular branch of topology that I work in. Topology, in turn, is a particular branch of mathematics.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home